AMPK: The Basics
AMPK, short for adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase, is an incredibly powerful enzyme that is extremely important to your health. Active PK, a supplement from LCR Health, helps to unlock this enzyme so that you can start reaping the benefits. Here’s some information on what AMPK does and how Active PK unleashes it.
What it Does
AMPK plays an important role in helping to increase metabolism – and in the process burn fat. We already have the enzyme in our bodies, but sometimes it needs some stimulation in order to kick into gear. In fact, AMPK has been called the “master switch” that turns on our metabolism.1
Here are just a few ways that AMPK helps boost your overall health.
- Increasing energy – AMPK senses how much energy the body produces and can increase it when needed.2
- Sugar production – The biggest source of energy for the body is glucose, a type of sugar. AMPK inhibits the storage of glucose so it can be used for energy instead. AMPK helps to inhibit production of cholesterol, triglycerides and fatty acids, which, in turn, helps the body burn fat.3
- Cell renewal – The enzyme also plays a key role in a process known as autophagy, which results in the recycling of damaged cell components. It also helps improve the health of a specific cell component known as the mitochondria. There are studies that indicate the activation of AMPK could help promote healthy aging and increase longevity.4
- Antioxidant properties – AMPK is key to the production of several different proteins that help protect the body from oxidative stress.5 One of the negative aspects of oxidation is the creation of free radicals, which are dangerous molecules that can lead to severe tissue damage. Antioxidants inhibit the development of free radicals.6
- Fertility – AMPK aids in the production of sex hormones that help ensure fertility in both genders. It appears to be particularly effective in increasing the supply of the male hormone testosterone.7
- Blood circulation – Research indicates that AMPK helps to widen the blood vessels by stimulating the release of nitric oxide. This, in turn, helps increase blood flow throughout the body.8
- Cardiovascular benefits – AMPK activation has also been shown to provide protection against cardiovascular issues.9
How Active PK Unlocks AMPK
Again, the body sometimes needs some help when it comes to activating AMPK so that you can enjoy all of the benefits. That’s where Active PK from LCR Health comes in. It helps to flip that “master switch.” As a result, it allows AMPK to do things such as tell your body to convert fat into energy rather than just storing it. You’ll have fewer cravings for food, more energy, less fatigue and, eventually, a slimmer waist.
Three key ingredients in Active PK – quercetin, gynostemma and berberine – help in unlocking the power of AMPK within your body. Quercetin helps to increase your endurance so that you can enjoy more efficient workouts.10 Gynostemma has been shown to reduce both subcutaneous fat (the fat underneath your skin) as well as visceral fat (the fat located near your organs).11 Berberine helps slow the aging of cells by boosting the health of the mitochondria.12
Active PK contains no dairy products of any kind, nor does it contain any caffeine or synthetic additives. And the manufacturer backs Active PK with an incredible money-back guarantee. If you haven’t seen the benefits you expected after 90 days, all you have to do is return the bottles you’ve purchased. Whether those bottles are full or empty doesn’t matter. Simply return them and you’ll get a full refund with no hassles and no questions asked.
You should never take Active PK – or any other kind of supplement, for that matter – until you get clearance from your doctor. But once you get your doctor’s permission, there is absolutely no reason not to give this amazing product a try.