Smart watches are not just accessories. They are versatile gadgets which are designed with upgraded features. A smart watch can be used to track fitness activities, sleep patterns, communicate, and get weather alerts among others. One of the top smart watch brands in the market is the Apple and outlined below is a review of the best Apple Watch Series.
These are devices that are designed by Apple Company. Apple watch series incorporate fitness trackers and other health-oriented capabilities. The smart watches run on the iOS platform and they are compatible with other Apple products and services e.g. Siri.
Newly launched Apple Watch: Apple Watch
It’s the newest watch series by Apple Company. The wrist device which runs on WatchOS5 is designed with stunning features as well as an attractive design. This fundamentally re-engineered and redesigned wrist band is designed to help users stay more active, connected, and healthy.
- Completely redesigned watch series with a familiar design
- Re-engineered digital crown with haptic feedback
- Proactive health monitor with fall detection and emergency SOS
- Ultimate workout partner that’s perfect for runners, hikers, yogis etc.
- Comprehensive activity tracker that’s designed to motivate users. Suitable for head-to-head competitions with friends. Besides that, it offers personalized coaching.
- Offers an easier way to connect with others. Apple Watch Series 4 has a walkie-talkie and it can be used to create messages and make phone calls.
- Excellent battery life
- Large display screen
- Lightweight design
- Very expensive
- The Siri feature is unreliable
Another Best Apple Watch
Apple is a brand that is continuously working to outdo itself. Apart from the Apple Watch Series 4 which has taken the fitness industry with quite a storm, there are other series which were released previously which are still powerful and functional. They include:
Apple Watch Series 3
It’s one of the top iterations from the Apple Watch Bands. Series 3 has a luxurious finish with cellular capabilities. It has an attractive sleek design in addition to the premium fitness tracking features which make it stand out.
- Waterproof/swim-proof- it can be worn up to 50 meters deep
- Can track a wide range of activities including steps, heart rate, aerobic activities such as walking and running among others.
- Cellular capabilities-it works with major carriers such as AT & T, Verizon, and Sprint among others
- Runs on WatchOS 4 and can be synced with iTunes
- Siri is awesome
- Powerful processor
- The battery life is below average
- May have cellular connectivity problems
Apple Watch Series 2
This is the second series after the first flagship. Series 2 has great capabilities and its one of the best activity trackers that can be used by fitness enthusiasts. Even with its numerous smart options, this is still an affordable smartwatch that you can use to improve your health.
- Has an in-built GPS which can be used to track workouts
- Water-resistant capabilities of up to 50 meters deep
- Superior performance thanks to the S2 chip and great GPU that produces improved graphics display
- Has a range of useful apps which include maps, mail, music, calendar, passbook, messages, and many others.
- In-built GPS
- Long-lasting battery life
- Quite expensive
- Doesn’t have useful apps
- The fitness features aren’t comprehensive
Apple Watch Series 1
Series 1 became the number 2 best-selling watch globally after Rolex. The impressive and feature-rich smart watch was the first series of Apple Watch and it’s suitable for tracking multiple activities. Although it lacks GPS, this wrist band is still good for workouts.
- Upgraded Dual-core processor
- OLED Retina display which comes with a force touch.
- Splash resistant
- 8 GB Storage- 3GB is used by the operating system, 2 GB for music, and 3 GB for app downloads
- Tracks activities and allows you to view your workout data
- Heart rate sensor that monitors your health
- In-built Siri which can be sued to set reminders, view weather reports etc.
- In-built microphone and speaker to answer incoming calls and reply messages.
- Enhances communication
- Fine for tracking workouts
- Can detect heart-rate function
- Has Apple pay
- Lacks inbuilt GPS
- Not swim-ready
Where to Buy Best Apple Watch?
Apple Watch Bands can be purchased from a variety of online retailers. You can get them from Target, BestBuy, Aliexpress, Alibaba, Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Fitbit, and other popular online retailers. In addition to those, the Apple Watch Series 4 can be purchased from Apple Shop.
Note: If you are looking for the best Apple Watch Series, always go for the latest model because it has upgraded features.
The Bottom Line
Apple watch series are among the most impressive wearable devices. The fitness trackers have premium features which can take your health to a whole new level. Apple watch series 4 is currently the best model of all the series thanks to its new hardware design.