What is engineered hardwood flooring and its advantages & benefits? We will provide you with all the adequate information related to engineered hardwood flooring and how it can improve the magnificence of your house. Flooring plays a vital role in determining the looks of your house. No matter whether your house is equipped with premium furniture and a unique ceiling, if your house has uneven and improper flooring, it will eliminate all the delight from your house.
There are several flooring options available in the market to be followed with your house flooring. Still, the question arises, which is the best among them? You might listen to engineered flooring if you are in a market for a wood floor. Below is the guide to engineered hardwood flooring and types of engineered flooring and why it is one of the most preferred flooring options available in the market? The general meaning of “Engineered” is formulated & composed by a scientific procedure.
What Is Engineered Hardwood Flooring?
The first preference for flooring in homes and commercial buildings is engineered hardwood flooring. It is made by binding several sheets and fibers of the wood. The main reason for their popularity is the unique designs and specifications it delivers to your house or commercial buildings.
The sheets of Engineered hardwood commonly come in a single or fixed length, but the thickness of these sheets generally varies from 13mm to 22mm. You are supposed to select any of them according to your requirements and preference. The stable interface of these sheets will provide extra elegance, more durability, and high performance.
Types of Engineered Floors
Due to the wooden topmost layer, you are supposed to look out at a wide range of colors, species, finishes, and designs in your engineered hardwood flooring. Several factors define the final appearance of the flooring, these are:
- Grade of grain
- Species of wood
- Size of plank
- Finishing of surface
Depend upon the above-mentioned factors, engineered hardwood flooring is of the following types:
It consists of a highly dense fiberboard at the center labor. This kind of flooring will easily catch moisture from the air. So, they shouldn’t be exposed to humid areas as it may damage the whole flooring. Another shortcoming of fiberboard flooring is that it catches fire they release harmful gases.
Wood Ply Construction
This type of engineered hardwood flooring is formed by bundling several piles of thin wood. These piles were bonded in a way to make flooring stable and more durable. They are suitable for every weather condition.
One of the most popular types of flooring in Europe because of its widely acknowledged interface. They are formed of softwood bonded perpendicular to lamella and premium wood at the top. These are stable and durable for all weather conditions, including moisture and dry weather.
Finger Core Construction
These types of engineered hardwood flooring are suitable for moisture and wet areas. They are made of groundwood at the top layer of the high-quality lamella. The perpendicular interface of these sheets will make them stable and eliminate the chance of gapping and cupping.
How to Choose the Engineered Hardwood Flooring?
There are numerous varieties of engineered hardwood flooring available in the online and offline market. You might be puzzled. For a solution, you need to keep in mind the following things before selecting the engineered hardwood flooring:
- It must be of high-quality wood.
- It must be beautiful.
- It must be more stable and durable.
- It must be long-lasting.
- Require low capital to install and maintain.
- Offer improved performance than ordinary solid wood flooring.
- It must not be slippery.
Where Can We Use Engineered Wood Flooring?
The highly stable and durable interface of engineered wood flooring makes it perfect for various places. Some of them are mentioned below:
- They can be installed in houses as they are capable of handling the workforce of a family.
- Some varieties of engineered wood flooring are specially made for installing in moisture-prone areas like basements and bathrooms.
- Unlike other solid woods, they have high durable strength, which allows them to be installed near chimneys and kitchen burners.
- They can be installed in both internal and external areas of any commercial building or your house.
- They can also be installed in car parking areas, as they are capable of dealing with heavy objects.
How to Install Engineered Hardwood Flooring?
It is very easy and requires less labor and low capital to install engineered hardwood flooring. You need to contact any agency or company near you that provides a flooring installation facility at reasonable prices. If they are supposed to be maintained, you can contact the installation agency who installed them in your house before. They will help you in maintaining your engineered hardwood flooring.
For basic cleaning, you need a vacuum cleaner, cotton clothes, and a properly dry mob. Firstly, is a vacuum cleaner to remove dust and other waste from them. After, take a mob to run the floor gently. Finally, use a dry cotton cloth to remove water content from your engineered hardwood flooring.
How to Clean and Maintain Engineered Wood Flooring?
Due to the stable and durable interface of engineered hardwood flooring, they didn’t get damaged early. They didn’t require maintenance work for years of installation.
Benefits of Engineered Wood Flooring
If you are looking for the best solid wood flooring, then blindly go for engineered hardwood flooring. They offer several specifications and benefits like:
- They are available at lower prices which makes them user-friendly and affordable for every group of people.
- They are durable and require low maintenance throughout the year. They can handle a heavyweight object on them without any trouble.
- Engineered wood flooring offers numerous styles and designs that can be modified according to the user’s demand. You are supposed to select your favorite color, texture, and composition.
- They can be easily installed due to their pre-fabricated interface. They require less labor and effort to be installed in your home.
- They come with a protective moisture lick technique that allows you to install them in basements and moisture areas.
- It doesn’t wrap and deform from weathering factors.
- The shine and texture of the engineered wood flooring are long-lasting and can be revived again at fewer prices.
All over, engineered wood flooring is the best laminate & solid flooring at a reasonable price range. All the above-mentioned types of engineered wood flooring will satisfy the needs of all types of houses, hotels, commercial buildings, offices & public places. There are several reasons behind choosing it. It is less expensive. It provides more durability and is stable for home and commercial buildings.
It provides a beautiful interface to your house. It offers better stability in all weather conditions, including moisture and heat. The abundant features and specifications of engineered hardwood flooring in its category will be enough to provide a classy and bold look to your house and make it extraordinary from an ordinary one.
Hence, the final view and advice are to start blindly installing engineered hardwood flooring in your homes to avail a beautiful interface and stable condition and enhance the look of your property.