Meal replacement shakes are a convenient way to get a healthy, low-calorie meal on the go. Most meal shakes contain 200–400 calories and a good amount of protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. Medifast shake is one of the best weight losses at this present time. This article will provide you a piece of complete information about the Medifast shake.
Table of Content
- What is Medifast shake?
- How does Medifast shake Work?
- The Active Ingredient of Medifast Shake
- What does it cost?
- Pros and Cons of Medifast shake slim
- Customer review
- Bottom Line
What Is Medifast Shake?
Medifast shake is a meal replacement for weight loss, and it is a product from Medifast commercial weight loss program. This commercial company was started in the year 1980 by a doctor called William Vitale. Initially, customers used to get the product through the network of physicians, but currently, they ship their products right to their customers’ doorway. Their products are pre-packaged, easy to prepare and help reduce your total calorie intake.
How Medifast Work
Medifast shake is designed for weight loss by using small low-calorie meal frequently. The Medifast comes with a plan of 5 and 1. This means the body only gets 800 to 1000 calories a day which is only achieved by sticking to a routine on your intake. It also alters the functioning of appetite hormones that include ghrelin and glucagon-like peptide one that will alter the appearance of hunger less often.
Medifast Active Ingredients
Like any other commercial pre-packed food, Medifast also has its active ingredients. Such components include:
At the amount of 14 grams per serving, proteins ensure weight loss. Apart from weight loss, proteins also boost the body’s metabolism mechanism. Biologically, proteins help you lose weight without destroying the lean tissues. With soy as one of the ingredient, it ensures that the thyroid gland does not lose its function.
With one serving you get 4 grams of fiber. This is so essential in flushing out the body’s toxins. Other than that, it also helps on digestion and prevent constipation. It also works to keep your tummy full for long a time.
- Vitamins and minerals
The blending of these two essential nutrients brings about a healthy meal. 21 vitamins are fortified in Medifast. Some of them include:
- Vitamin A which helps maintain healthy bones including teeth, mucous membrane, skin, and soft tissues.
- Vitamin B12. Like any other vitamin, vitamin B12 helps in metabolism. It also important in the formation of red blood cells and plays a significant role in the maintenance of the central nervous system.
- Vitamin K. this type of vitamin is more of compulsory other than a need. Without it, blood would clot or otherwise stick together in your veins, and a disease called thrombosis apart from others will set in which leads to death eventually. Thanks to this vitamin.
- Biotin is another essential vitamin that is present in Medifast. It ensures that proteins and carbohydrates are squarely metabolized. It also promotes the production of hormones and cholesterol.
- Pyridoxine otherwise called vitamin B6 also help in red blood cell formation and maintenance of the brain for it to function very well.
Other than the 21 vitamins, there is also the mineral that is inclusive in the Medifast shakes. They include:
- Calcium. This type of mineral is essential in the formation and strengthening of bones
- Magnesium is another mineral that helps in maintaining healthy nerve function and muscle function
- Iron is another essential mineral that helps in wound healing and metabolism of other nutrients
Medifast is nutritionally complete and is perfect for weight loss. Though the varieties are limited, Medifast shake goes for 19.50 dollars for a box containing 7 servings. In other words, it cos t2.79 dollars for a one serving.
Pros And Cons Of Medifast
Just like any other product, this is no exception.it has its pros and cons
- Medifast is easy to follow because it comes with diet planning and natural calorie counting
- It is a fortified meal that works to attain 100 percent dietary allowance of all essential vitamins and minerals.
- Medifast is an adequate meal in losing weight in a short period. An average of 2.2 pounds per week is lost which is great for a person on the journey of losing weight faster.
- It also provides education and support system to keep its customers motivated.
- It is expensive. If calculated, Medifast cost 12 dollars a day which is more costly to most the people.
- Medifast contain added sugar that is purposed to make the shakes and drinks more palatable, but it increases calorie intake.
- If you stop taking Medifast after weight loss, you may regain the lost weight within a short time.
- Eating out can be challenging since the company provides its guideline on the diet you take
- Very expensive
- Good for weight loss in a short time
- Many carbohydrates
Medifast can be the best product to losing weight. It might be expensive but effective.